Company: The Madison Square Garden Company
Location: White Plains
Posted on: May 24, 2018
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA); two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and one of the leading North American esports organizations, Counter Logic Gaming. In addition, the Company features popular original entertainment productions -- the Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular - both starring the Radio City Rockettes, and through Boston Calling Events, produces outdoor festivals, including New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, The Stanton Social, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
This position is responsible for selling New York Liberty ticket products, including group tickets and experiences to individual games, full season memberships and partial plans at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, New York. Responsibilities also include servicing and renewing current Liberty Loyal full season members. Effectively demonstrating outstanding communication and time management skillsets, while leveraging industry best practices to maximize results in all three-major category focuses; selling new packages, selling group tickets and servicing accounts, will enable sustained success.
- Meet all revenue goals and tickets sold goals assigned
- Create, completed and close new business appointments with decision makers, while consistently exceeding weekly goals assigned
- Proactively pursue new business opportunities primarily through outbound phone call activity, while consistently exceeding daily and weekly goals assigned
- Execute industry best practice sales and service techniques, as provided by New York Liberty sales leadership
- Dedicate time to develop professional sales skillsets with New York Liberty sales leadership, and identify opportunities for accelerated development outside of sessions with management
- Leverage sales accelerating technology and tools provided to increase overall efficiency and production
- Effectively track all sales process engagement, data capture and transactions through proper use of provided database systems
- Provide excellent customer service to all New York Liberty patrons, including but not limited to positive responses and opportunities to enhance the guest experience
- Effectively work New York Liberty game nights including but not limited to sales table duties, hosting prospects, strengthening relationships with clients and providing excellent customer service.
- When warranted, manage sales presence and process at external events such as tradeshows and public appearances
- Exhibit excellent teamwork and leadership skillset with New York Liberty and Madison Square Garden colleagues, plus Westchester County employees.
- All other duties identified by management
- Ability to work all New York Liberty home games, plus additional events assigned
- An enthusiastic and creative attitude with the ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Detail orientated with strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, plus the ability to multi-task and adapt to sudden changes in market
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- All other duties identified by management
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Join Our Talent Community
No time to apply? Take a minute to drop us your information and become part of our talent community!
Keywords: The Madison Square Garden Company, Mount Vernon, Sales Representative, Sales, White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!