Service Technician - Embedded
Company: Securitas Electronic Security
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Securitas Technology Corporation (STC) Technology and Solutions
groups are experiencing tremendous success, and we currently have
an Embedded Technician opening for team-oriented individuals
possessing vocational training in electronics or electromechanical
engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for providing
service on STC products at customer sites. The position provides
customer contact for all post-installation problems on security
systems and equipment, as well as, special project work, when
STC is a leading, global provider of integrated security and
facility solutions that contain best-in-class products and
award-winning services for an organization's unique needs. STC
security solutions include product and service outsourcing that
integrate cross-disciplinary functions into comprehensive
technology-centered customer solutions on a cloud-based platform
spanning hardware and software capabilities.
- Services intrusion, CCTV, and access control security
- Performs scheduled, routing preventive maintenance on a variety
of equipment/systems under contract agreement by inspecting,
adjusting, cleaning, and calibrating systems and checking out
equipment to ensure it's in satisfactory working order.
- Completes maintenance, within assigned hours, in a manner that
reduces emergency calls and results in achieving the goal of zero
- Assists with the start-up of new equipment or system
installation and adjusts as needed to ensure the system is
- May plan schedules, lay out basic electrical equipment
installations, and assist in the start-up and check-out of new
- Presents a professional image both in personal and vehicle
- Performs work assignments in a safe manner and within specified
- Promotes, builds, and maintains good customer relations and
assists with contract retention.
- Maintains company propriety and documentation in accordance
with established policies; handles proprietary information in the
prescribed manner; adheres to and supports Securitas Technology
policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- Keeps abreast of changes and new developments in products and
- Attends and completes training programs as requested. Job
- High School diploma or GED required, Vocational/Technical
Degree in electrical, security, or computer systems preferred.
- MUST HOLD a minimum of 1-2 years of experience installing
and/or servicing Access Control and CCTV
- CCure 900 Certification
- Door Hardware troubleshooting
- Software House Controllers
- Schlage wireless locks
- Automatic doors openers
- Victor/Video Edge Certification
- Camera Troubleshooting
- Media Converter Fiber/IP Technology
- Axis IP Camera
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server and Client
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge IP video and addressing
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height.
- Carry items up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after
hours & weekend emergency calls.
- A valid state driver's license, without restrictions, is
Securitas Technology offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Highly competitive salary
- Company training and industry leading certification
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401K with 60% Match up to 6% of salary
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Educational Assistance
- Exceptional growth opportunities
- Wide variety of employee discounts on travel, equipment, and
We are a nationwide provider of security solutions and an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Our core
values of Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness are proudly
demonstrated daily by our employees to our customers and the
communities we service.
Keywords: Securitas Electronic Security, Mount Vernon , Service Technician - Embedded, Professions , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!