Company: Genuine Parts Company
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Under limited supervision, the On-Site Supervisor manages key
supply functions that include but are not limited to inventory
control, supplier/customer relationships, replenishment strategy
and monitoring of product data. This position works more than 50%
of the time at the customer location. Motion Industries offers an
excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare
coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and
- Identifies, evaluates and develops customer inventories through
analysis and operations of the replenishment system.
- Identifies and disposes of obsolete and non-moving
- Ensures availability of product through the monitoring and
oversight of inventory systems.
- Resolves unacceptable situations with customers, as well as
problems between shipping locations, carriers, receiving
departments, inventory analysts, and buyers to ensure planned
arrival of product.
- Identifies and corrects root causes of inventory discrepancies
at Distribution Centers, reviews underlying processes and
information that may lead to discrepancies and
recommends/implements appropriate changes.
- Acts as liaison between customer, sales, customer service and
- Advises on trends and/or shifts in demand that could affect
company's service levels.
- May lead/supervise On-Site employees and/or contractors
- Performs other duties as assignedKNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Ability to foster teamwork, collaboration and manage conflict
- Ability to work cross functionally and with personnel at all
- General knowledge of industrial products and supply chain
- Ability to self-manage, set priorities, demonstrate
follow-through, and effectively communicate at all levels of an
- Good communication skills requiredEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and four (4) or
more years of relevant experience.GPC conducts its business without
regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status,
national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other
protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train,
promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their
own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other
legitimate business reasons.
Keywords: Genuine Parts Company, Mount Vernon , On-Site Supervisor, Professions , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!