Mill Technician- Mt. Vernon, IN
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Description Mill Technician- Mt. Vernon, IN ADM Milling -
Carbohydrate Solutions This is a salaried non-exempt level
position. Position Summary: This key operational role is
responsible for daily production at a 15,500 cwt/day wheat flour
mill located in Mount Vernon, Indiana. The ideal candidate
maintains ADM's high standards for Safety and Quality while
maintaining production and efficiency excellence. Successful
candidates will be good communicators who can nurture outstanding
relationships as part of a self-directed work team. They will have
the ability to identify and decisively solve problems as they arise
and maintain records in accordance with established ADM policies.
The Shift Miller will lead a self-directed team of 4-6 Mill
Department employees. Job Responsibilities: Health, Safety &
- Facilitate and ensure adherence to safety regulations, rules
and sound practices.
- Coordinate and participate in audits, prioritizing and tracking
completion of findings.
- Ensure that unsafe behavior and conditions are corrected.
- Perform Safety audits and set the example for safety.
- Manages and oversees equipment operations of three white flour
milling units as part of a self-directed team.
- Optimize yields, moistures, capacity and product quality in
accordance with budgetary parameters
- Maintains records in accordance with established ADM policies
- Assists external departments
- Proactively seeks and supports the plant goals and vision in
accordance with ADM Milling's strategic vision
- Bases all decisions, perform acts and personify self in the
safest interest on the company
- Proactively support operational excellence initiatives.
- Continually train and develop operational team members.
- Ensure the facility maintains world class sanitation
- Prepare the facility for, and participate in, regulatory/third
party/customer/company audits. Required Skills:
- Must have a strong commitment to employee safety
- Require excellent command of the following: leadership, problem
solving, self-motivation, organizational skills, and proficiency in
Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must have confident and courteous manner.
- Must have established flour milling skills in a work place
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly, read, comprehend and
communicate orally and in writing. Relocation assistance is not
available with this position. This position offers a complete
benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and
dental insurance. ADM requires the successful completion of
applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a
Keywords: Archer Daniels Midland Company, Mount Vernon , Mill Technician- Mt. Vernon, IN, Professions , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!