Ocean Import Agent II
Company: Yusen Logistics
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: November 16, 2021
The Import Agent II (NVOCC) is responsible for the processing of
freight shipments imported into the US via ocean carriers. The
Import Agent is engaged in the preparation of files, distribution
of documents, collection of funds associated with the breakdown
(break bulk) of import consolidations.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficient handling of freight shipments. Verify system
generated information with actual documents to ensure
- Maintain files: enter file data, including but not limited to -
opening the file, entering and updating online system with
applicable data elements, billing each file -provide accurate job
costing, issuing applicable forms and documents, and closing the
file as per departmental guidelines.
- Communicate clearly, timely and effectively with overseas
offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors. - notify arrival
of shipments, distribute documentation, track movement of shipment
from origin to destination which may involve arranging release and
delivery at destination according to customer requirements. Issue
delivery order to carrier, monitor timely delivery and obtain
- If necessary, complete In-bond moves, included but not limited
to: IT's and Permit to Transfer.
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with policy
- Ensure each file's payables and receivables are completed and
forwarded timely and as per customer requirements.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned and
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience of Import Ocean in a freight
forwarder, NVOCC, or Customs Brokerage environment.
- Must possess excellent data entry skills and excellent customer
service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while
dealing with a variety of people. Strong interpersonal skills to
effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Understand the processes and terminology involved in
international shipping from time of purchase order placement to
delivery of cargo at ultimate destination.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Detailed
- Possess the ability to communicate professionally verbally and
in written format.
- Work effectively in a team environment. Must be a team
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft
software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.).
- Must work with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Cargo Wise experience preferred. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature of work being performed.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply
chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge
better connections between businesses, customers and communities -
through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding,
warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated
to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works
with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the
world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Mount Vernon , Ocean Import Agent II, Professions , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!