Economic Stability Specialist
Company: Sanctuary For Families Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2023
ABOUT USSanctuary for Families is New York's leading service
provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex
trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year,
Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from
fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through
a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of
wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the
aftermath of abuse and work to end gender violence through three
key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and
systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations
throughout New York City.POSITION OVERVIEWProvides a range of
economic stability and housing permanence-related case management
services to survivors of domestic violence and other forms of
gender-based violence, receiving services from Sanctuary at the NYC
Family Justice Center in the Bronx (BxFJC). Conducts individualized
assessment, case management, advocacy, and other services and/or
referrals for employment readiness, job training, career planning,
ESL, financial literacy, education, and job
- Assesses economic stability needs for referred clients with a
focus on employment, educational attainment, financial literacy,
and housing stability.
- Develops, implements, and monitors appropriate service plans to
meet identified economic stability needs.
- Facilitates client referrals to Sanctuary services and
departments, partner agencies at the Family Justice Center (FJC),
and outside resources providing job readiness, training, placement,
career development, education, and other economic
- Assists in the application of housing programs (i.e. EHV,
Section 8, FHEPS, etc.) and provides referrals for homelessness
prevention services for clients identified as having housing
- Provides other case management and advocacy to clients around
economic stability issues, as needed.
- Utilizes and continues to build on the extensive network of
Sanctuary's economic stability community resources.
- Completes case documentation and maintains up-to-date paper and
- Conducts monthly outreach events, sharing specialized ESS
knowledge and information about other Sanctuary services.
- Participates in weekly and monthly Sanctuary and FJC
- Performs other department or agency-related duties as requested
- BA in Social Work or related degree.
- Prior work with clients experiencing the effects of domestic
violence on families, including as it relates to economic stability
- Experience working with clients participating in workforce
development activities and programs.
- Knowledgeable in NYC housing programs, including the homeless
and domestic violence shelter systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
team, including working collaboratively with professionals across
disciplines (e.g. domestic violence advocates, housing specialists,
attorneys, police officers, government officials, workforce
development professionals, and other community-based agency
- Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Strong presentation abilities.
- Takes the initiative to meet client needs.
- Significant experience working in a culturally diverse
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English is required.Budgeted Salary:
$45,000 - $46,000 annuallyThe Work position is currently Hybrid;
one must be able to meet job location schedule
obligations.Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of
1st dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program All qualified applicants will be
afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination
because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing
genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim
status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights
Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior
criminal conviction and prior arrest.D.E.I Commitment: Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families
that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful,
responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value
diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers
regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, disability, or professional level.Compensation
details: 45000-46000 Yearly
Keywords: Sanctuary For Families Inc., Mount Vernon , Economic Stability Specialist, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!