Diesel Mechanic serving Harrison, Eastchester and New Rochelle.- First Group
Company: First Group
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: November 15, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Gas and Diesel Mechanic for our
shop serving Harrison, Eastchester, and New Rochelle!Up to $26.50
per hour and a $5,000 sign-on bonus! First things First: Who are
we? Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is
the leading school transportation solutions provider in North
America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving
more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of
highly trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety record,
First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school
districts. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- Per union contract, the wage range for this position is $22.50
- $5,000 sign-on bonus*
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Up to $175 boot reimbursement per year
- Up to $25,000 tool insurance benefit.
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ten company-paid holidays
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Gas and Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel
Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair
Freightliner C2 6.7, Ford E350 gas engine, Ford T-350 gas engine,
Chevy Express gas engine, and Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles and
school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while providing
guidance to lower-level technicians. Other major job duties
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Gas and Diesel Technician
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 3 - 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance &
repair experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason.Get your career on the road with First
Student! *conditions apply; offer expires 11/30/2023 We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Group, Mount Vernon , Diesel Mechanic serving Harrison, Eastchester and New Rochelle.- First Group, Other , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!