Now Hiring Part-Time School Bus Drivers at our First Mile Square
Mount Vernon, NY!
No Experience Necessary! We Train!
At First Student, our Bus Drivers are an integral part of the
communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer
service and have genuine, caring attitudes for children. We are
your friends, family, and neighbors!
We are proud to offer:
- Starting Pay - $26.95/HR for Big Bus drivers; $24.03/HR for Van
Drivers - Highest Rate in the Industry!
- Paid CDL Training!
- Immediate Hire for Qualified Drivers
- Competitive Benefits
- Fixed Routes
- Guaranteed 27.5 Hours/Week
- No Holidays and No Weekend Work Required
- Extra Hours Available - Charter Routes Opportunities
- 210 Days Paid Per School Year
- Conditions apply.
As a First Student Bus Driver, your major responsibilities will
- Safely transports passengers
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process
Requirements of a School Bus Driver:
- Driven a School Bus in the past 12 months
- Good verbal communication skills
- At least 21 years old
- Valid driver's license for at least 3 years
- Be subject to a drug screen & physical
Through our commitment to putting customers first, dedication to
safety, and ambition to deliver the best means we've created a
working environment that you'll love.
And, because we're a huge company with 120,000 staff and over
2.5 billion customers worldwide, you'll also enjoy real security, a
brilliant future, and fantastic training.
Apply today to become a part of our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance