Nurse Educator - Med/Surg 6th Floor - Evenings
Company: Mohawk Valley Health System
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Job Summary The Nurse Educator assesses the educational needs of
nursing staff, students and others in order to plan and deliver
orientation and continuing education. Serves as a resource by
mentoring staff and ongoing monitoring/evaluation of clinical
competencies to assure the highest quality clinical outcomes and
safety. Participates in committees to facilitate and reinforce the
implementation of evidence based care. Ensures that nurses are in
full compliance with regulatory standards. Acts as a role model to
all staff. Core Job Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates educational programs
for the staff, the hospital and the community. Contributes to the
professional development of peers and colleagues through innovative
programs in both a classroom setting and on the nursing units.
Works collaboratively with the Nurse Manager to assess the
educational needs of staff.
- Identifies the orientation needs of new employees, plans
individualized orientation and evaluates the employee's progress
towards achievement of competency. Ensures that new employees are
scheduled for hospital and unit-specific mandatory programs.
Documents progress and competency per policy and addresses issues
in collaboration with the Nurse Manager.
- Assesses the practice of nursing staff and students in their
assigned area through direct observation, chart reviews and
participation in quality monitors. Develops plans to educate staff
based on identified needs to ensure that safe, high quality patient
care is consistently delivered.
- Conducts classes and/or provides individualized instruction.
Develops objectives and course outlines for unit in-service
- Works with Nurse Manager to development and implement
individualized employee improvement or development plans. Tracks
the progression and achievement of competency. Presents results and
new or revised action plans to Department Manager.
- Investigates problems of nursing practice and keeps current in
the latest research in area of expertise.
- Works with all shifts and creates an environment that optimizes
patient safety and reduces the likelihood of errors. Provides clear
and constructive feedback to educate in an effective manner.
- Participates in the development of standards of nursing care
practice through participation in assigned committees and
workgroups. Works collaboratively with other health care
professionals and departments.
- Provides direct patient care to select patients. Assists and
guides staff in providing quality nursing care.
- Maintains a high standard of professional responsibility and
performance as well as encourages the development of skills in
members of the nursing staff.
- Supports and role models the policies and procedures to ensure
the delivery of excellent care and customer service meets or
exceeds patient expectations. Ensures the delivery of compassionate
patient centered care that addresses patient and family needs and
concerns in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education/Experience Requirements Required:
- BSN in nursing, or enrolled in an accredited program
- Minimum 2 years in area of specialty.Preferred:
- Master's degree in Nursing Licensure/Certification Requirements
- Valid and unrestricted NY State nursing license. Preferred:
- Certification in area of specialty. Disclaimer Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran
status, or disability.Successful candidates might be required to
undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Details Req Id 88859
Department NURS MED/SURG 6TH
Shift Hours Worked 8.50
Work Schedule SALARIED GENERAL
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Pay Range $73,000 - $117,000 Annually
Keywords: Mohawk Valley Health System, Mount Vernon , Nurse Educator - Med/Surg 6th Floor - Evenings, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!