Registered Nurse (Nurse Family Partnership) Mother/Baby (Bronx)
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: November 20, 2023
OverviewProvides health education, social support and community
linkages to meet the needs of pregnant and postpartum, first-time
mothers and their infants. Also responsible for adhering to NFP
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNS Health
policies, practices, and procedures, as well as NFP requirements as
appropriate. Initiates and maintains written (including clinical
and progress notes) and verbal communications with team members and
management to assure optimal patient/client care.
- Participates in the orientation of selected staff through
'buddy system' field observation of staff and feedback to
appropriate staff involved in orientation process.
- Participates in selected student programs by providing
guidance, training and mentoring to students.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNS Health policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient/client care.
- Travels to patient/clients' homes and/or other facilities with
varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care
facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.)
using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Follows work procedures in relation to established
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet VNS Health
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth through
attendance at in-services, training, continued formal education and
select journal readership.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special
project, as assigned.
- Manages, plans, coordinates and executes the patient's safe
discharge from service. Ensures that physician's orders, discharge
summary and communication to team members, patient and family
members adhere to VNS Health and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes, implements, and revises a plan of care with input
from the client and from appropriate multidisciplinary health team
members (i.e., social worker, physician) based on goals mutually
acceptable to the client. Ensures that services follow the plan of
care by ongoing assessment, planning, coordination, counseling,
teaching, and evaluation of the delivery of care to meet the needs
of the client.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet clients needs.
- Participates in all required NFP training sessions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.QualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
- License and current registration to practice as a registered
professional nurse in New York State required
- Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be
required as determined by operational/regional needs.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing requiredWork Experience
- Minimum of one year of recent experience in maternal/child
- Demonstrated basic computer skills required
Keywords: VNS Health, Mount Vernon , Registered Nurse (Nurse Family Partnership) Mother/Baby (Bronx), Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!