Psychiatrist- Virtual ExpressWell Care
Company: Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY)
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the
largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose
is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care
of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY
people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and
dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY
is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and
enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals'
wellness. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and
healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health +
Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United
States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with
outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality
healthcare to patients throughout New York City. NYC Health +
Hospitals/Lincoln , located just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute
care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell
Medical College . Dedicated to providing high quality patient care
to a diverse community, Lincoln Medical Center is a NYS designated
Level I Traum a and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in
all medical specialties including its award- winning Cancer and
Breast Centers. Responsibilities: The Virtual ExpressWell (vEW) is
the behavioral health component of Virtual ExpressCare and is a
24/7 service that offers a simple and easy way for our patients to
access high-quality and affordable virtual urgent mental health and
substance use care services. The ability to meet patients where
they are will allow NYC Health + Hospitals to deliver safe,
competent care outside of the four walls of hospitals and health
centers. Available through a designated website or through phone,
vEW will serve as a major outlet of growth for NYC Health +
Hospitals. Reporting directly to the vEW Associate Medical
Director, the vEW physician carries out protocols identified for
the mental health and substance use treatment of designated
patients reflecting accepted standards of clinical care practice
commensurate with the candidate's training and certification. These
protocols will include provisions for clinical care, including
diagnosis, treatment and appropriate record keeping as well as
other services determined by the vEW Associate Medical Director or
designee to be appropriate and outlined in delineation of
privileges. This individual must become a member of the medical
staff and maintain an active practice within the vExpressWell
Service. This position is perfect for those proficient with using
technology, which allows for telecommuting/work-from-home
- Must have professional etiquette and attire in a well-lit,
private space without interruptions.
- Must have secure broadband Internet access with a connection
sufficient to stream high-definition content.
- Willingness to work and provide direct patient care virtual
services on-site and/or remotely including on nights and weekends
as agreed upon with vEW Associate Medical Director or designee
- Under the direction and in the absence of the vEW Associate
Medical Director, acts as a shift lead for the vEW service by
ensuring the continuum of care and adherence to the
roles/responsibilities of the vEW multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in treating mental health
conditions and substance use disorders (SUD) in assessing
patients/families in need of behavioral health treatment, including
mental health and substance use assessment and treatment including
medication management such as Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT),
mental status examination, diagnostic evaluation and management of
mental health and SUDs utilizing harm reduction and motivational
- Provides MAT consultation to the H+H Emergency Departments
(EDs) including SUD assessments, diagnosis, and treatment
- Demonstrates crisis intervention techniques including emergency
crisis management and verbal de-escalation and escalates to
supervisor as necessary.
- Directs patient level of care and location as well as changes
to the treatment approach as necessary.
- Documents and files findings, interventions, and plans in the
patient Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and submits billing on the
same date the patient was interviewed, in accordance with affiliate
and third party guidelines.
- Provides oversight of vEW clinical staff as assigned by vEW
Associate Medical Director or designee.
- Collaborates and leads vEW multidisciplinary treatment team to
coordinate and implement the plan of care, evaluating and modifying
these as necessary.
- Assists to improve care delivery through the participation in
performance improvement (PI) and quality improvement (QI) projects;
attends and participates in staff meetings, unit based meetings,
facility wide projects, in-services and trainings.
- Provides appropriate training and supervision of Attending,
Residents, Fellows and students as may be required.
- Assumes other responsibilities and duties, including the
provision of clinical coverage in other service settings as
assigned by the vEW Associate Medical Director or designee.
- Medical Doctorate with Board Eligible or Board Certification in
- Possess or be eligible for a New York State License to practice
medicine in the State of New York, as well as current DEA, BCLS or
ACLS certification and Infection Control Certification
- Possess Buprenorphine X-waiver license, or willingness to
obtain X-waiver license
- Prior tele psychiatry experience preferred Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student
Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered Please email all CVs to Joe
EOE M/F/D/V apply now > Share
Keywords: Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY), Mount Vernon , Psychiatrist- Virtual ExpressWell Care, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!