Vice Chairperson, OB/GYN - Jacobi Medical Center & North Central Bronx Hospital
Company: Physician Affiliate Group of New York
Posted on: November 16, 2023
The Vice Chair supports the Chairperson to achieve the vision
for the Department. The Department of OBGYN is a unified Department
across two campuses, Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx
Hospital. Both facilities are members of NYC Health + Hospitals,
the largest public health system in the country, and serve the
diverse community in the surrounding neighborhoods of the Bronx and
lower Westchester County. Jacobi Medical Center and North Central
Bronx Hospital (NCB) are major clinical affiliates and teaching
sites of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and have recently
developed a teaching relationship with City University of New York.
Jacobi is a 457-bed tertiary referral center with a Level III NICU.
NCB is a 232-bed community hospital with a loyal patient following.
The faculty represent all specialties within OBGYN including
Maternal Fetal Medicine, Genetics, Gynecologic Oncology, Minimally
Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, Urogynecology, and Reproductive
Endocrinology. The Department focuses on delivering the highest
quality care to our patients. We employ multidisciplinary
simulation, huddling, and debriefs to promote teamwork and standard
care to continually improve our processes. We have a relatively
young faculty that is eager to develop academically and work
collaboratively with nurses, midwives and physician assistants to
deliver the highest quality care to our patients in a safety net
- Clinical Expectations:
- 60 % Clinical effort.
- Clinical coverage will be assigned according to the expertise
of the candidate and may include a combination of OBGYN clinical
areas such as outpatient practice, inpatient, Labor and Delivery,
and/or GYN Surgery.
- Call coverage will include in house call requirement
- Call coverage may include back up call according to clinical
- Academic Expectations:
- Promote scholarly activities by faculty and trainees.
- Responsibility for the substance, quality, review and
evaluation of all research programs within the Department.
- Develop and oversee continuing medical education programs for
staff at all levels within the Department.
- Precepting/mentoring of attendings, teaching of residents &
medical students, collaboration with midwives, physician assistants
and other midlevel providers.
- Administrative Expectations:
- Ensure a culture of open dialogue with all staff, promote
healthy team norms, and develop pathways to support staff and
- Ensure a culture of diversity and inclusion within the
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Ensure faculty meet performance expectations of their services
assignment and customer service standards.
- Assist in ongoing professional evaluations of individuals
within the Department.
- Create, implement and maintain defined objectives for OB-GYN
services for clinical improvement, growth, and the expansion of
- Communication/Change Management Expectations:
- Establish appropriate communication channels with physicians,
nurse-midwives, NPs, nurses and administration that result in
trust, alignment and collaborative working relationships, making
patient access to resources a high priority.
- Lead by example.
- Establish open, non-judgmental dialogue, expect a culture of
diversity and inclusiveness, welcome constructive criticism from
direct reports, admit errors openly, avoid a punitive response to
honest mistakes, demonstrate timely responsiveness, and hold others
- Coach, mentor, and develop others to build internal
capabilities and the talent that facilitates succession.
- Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certification in an OB/GYN sub-specialty, if
- Unrestricted State of New York Medical License (current or
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance, including orthodontics
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Annual Salary = $350,000 Physician Affiliate Group of New York
(PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the
country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the
healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and
vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over
4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services
to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system
in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled
professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest
level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Keywords: Physician Affiliate Group of New York, Mount Vernon , Vice Chairperson, OB/GYN - Jacobi Medical Center & North Central Bronx Hospital, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!