Physical Therapist - Fulltime - Westchester region
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
OverviewProvides physical therapy to VNS Home Care patients
through comprehensive assessment. Develops and implements a plan of
care consistent with the Agency's goals and Rehabilitation
department policies and procedures. Works under general
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of patients by determining
patient needs, develops courses of action including treatment plan
and outcomes and implements the home physical therapy care
- Maintains patient records by completing all required VNS Health
documentation and ensuring compliance to Agency standards and
- Monitors patient progress through assessment of care provided,
including need for revision to treatment plan, outcomes and
discharge plan as appropriate.
- Counsels caregivers and family by providing education and
consultation for related patent care issues, including referrals
within and outside of VNS Health as necessary
- Assists patients with therapeutic interventions and activities
of daily living, which may require positioning, moving,
transferring and lifting patients of varying body sizes and
physical conditions, with and without assistance and as
appropriate, instructing, demonstrating and verifying capabilities
of family members and/or paraprofessionals. Ability to use and
assist patient with use durable medical equipment as a component of
the plan of care, including but not limited to wheelchairs, patient
transfer lifts, ambulatory devices, slings, splints, orthoses,
prostheses, and exercise/strengthening equipment.
- Travels to patients homes and/or other facilities with varying
environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities,
single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using
approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Transports and utilizes required technology devices (tablet),
infection control materials and supplies using VNS Health
designated/supplied carrying case (backpack) weighing approximately
15 20 lbs to and from patient homes/care facilities, VNS Health
offices and therapists home.
- Provides care in accordance with Agency policies, practices,
procedures and standards, including professional practice standards
of care, which may require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching,
twisting, reaching, bending and stretching to deliver patient
- Evaluates the need for equipment by analyzing client
requirements, identifying devices needed, ordering equipment and
instructing patient/caregivers/family in its safe use.
- Manages assigned caseload; provides physical therapy services
to patients as per plan of care.
- Assess cases for appropriateness of Physical Therapy Assistant
(PTA) services. Makes recommendation if appropriate.
- Participates in VNS Health meetings including but not limited
to, interdisciplinary team meetings, inservices and training
programs, rehab services meetings and caseload reviews.
- Serves as Coordinator of Care (COC) on selected cases, which
meet criteria for PT only cases.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.QualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
- New York State License and current registration in Physical
- Valid driver's license may be required, as determined by
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from a program approved
by the New York State Department of Education required.Work
- Minimum of one year physical therapy experience or successful
completion of the probationary period as a VNS Health Rehab Intern
- Basic PC skills preferred.
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational
Keywords: VNS Health, Mount Vernon , Physical Therapist - Fulltime - Westchester region, Healthcare , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!