Nurse Manager - ICU - Full Time - Evenings
Company: Mohawk Valley Health System
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Job SummaryThe Nurse Manager assumes responsibilities in
managing the operation and function of the nursing unit/department.
Promotes the delivery of high quality patient care based on
utilization of the nursing process and standards. Provides an
environment conducive to staff growth and development. Is
accountable for management of human, fiscal, and other nursing
resources. Supports the values and goals of the Department of
Nursing and the hospital. Works under the general direction of a
Director or Senior Manager. Core Job Responsibilities
- Manage, supervise and coordinate the delivery of optimal
- Accountable for the effective and efficient operation of the
unit and staff including ensuring that orders, treatments and plans
of care are being carried out in a manner supportive of patient
care and recovery.
- Ensure unit compliance with clinical patient care standards and
- Coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of
policies and procedures designed to improve operational
- Implement the clinical areas strategic and operational
- Ensure staffing and scheduling supports efficient, high quality
and cost effective patient care.
- Deliver a professional practice model that encourages staff
participation in the development of clinical standards that is
collaborative, collegial and utilizes current trends and data in
- Consult and coordinate with other departments to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to care.
- Rounds on patients with staff routinely. Prioritizes staff
nurse patient rounding accompanied by attending/consulting
- Lead or participate in change of shift/morning and discharge
- Serve as a clinical resource, professional role model and
mentor to staff. Serve as a change agent to facilitate
communication and transition. Promote customer service in all
- In partnership with leadership and Human Resources, make
decisions or recommendations related to performance management,
hiring, transfers, corrective actions, terminations, etc. Resolve
staff issues and grievances in a fair, timely and consistent
- Ensure documentation of patient care is complete and
- Lead safety and performance improvement activities.
- Ensure timely, complete and positive resolution to customer
- Evaluate staff clinical competencies. Develop programs that
foster continued clinical development to positively impact patient
care and career satisfaction of staff.
- Monitor budgets and expenses and make modifications when
- Ensure the availability of supplies and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSN or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of nursing experience.
- Prior charge or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competency in clinical
- Proven ability to lead, guide and motivate staff.
- Proficient with EMR.PREFERRED:
- Experience in medical/surgical, nursing home or related
- Proficient with Epic EMR.Licensure/Certification
- Registered Nurse licensure in NYS.
- Current CPR certification.PREFERRED:
- Certification in applicable area of
specialization.DisclaimerQualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their age, race,
religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.Successful
candidates might be required to undergo a background verification
with an external vendor.Job DetailsReq Id 88754
Department INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
Shift Hours Worked 8.00
Work Schedule SALARIED MANAGEMENT
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Pay Range $88,000-$142,000#GP01
Keywords: Mohawk Valley Health System, Mount Vernon , Nurse Manager - ICU - Full Time - Evenings, Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!