Program Manager DDS (Topping House)
Company: The Salvation Army Eastern Territory
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Overview:Program Manager should have a comprehensive knowledge
of community resources, OPWDD regulations, and related fiscal
issues, have a thorough knowledge of the individuals personal
goals, preferences, and needs. Program Manager will assist the
Assistant Director and Director of Developmental Disabilities
Services of The Salvation Army Greater New York Division in the
overall administration of the program. The Program Manager will
ensure the individuals receive the highest standard of services
required. They will ensure that all services are coordinated and
implemented as needed through the individuals plans. Program
Manager must be able to travel, have good writing skills,
articulate and be an aggressive advocate. Is able to function at a
full capacity within the duties outlined in the job description and
- Overseeing and performing day-to-day administrative functions
within the Residential program relative to implementation of The
Salvation Army policies and procedure as set forth by OPWDD.
- Coordinates and facilitates all monthly staff meetings,
supervisions and evaluations.
- Ensuring the investigations of all incidents, and/or
allegations of abuse, and neglect consistent with OPWDD and NYS
Justice Center guidelines.
- Supervising of the Behavioral Intervention Specialist and nurse
to ensure they are maintaining compliance of OPWDD and The
Salvation Army regulations within the program.
- Complete quarterly reviews of the individuals records to ensure
OPWDD and The Salvation Army regulations are being followed.
- Coordinate and participate in the screening and selection of
individuals appropriate for the Program.
- Coordinate staff orientation for all new employees.
- Initiate and follow through on the hiring process of all new
residential staff as identified through The Salvation Army.
- Attends all program surveys and in conjunction with the
Assistant Director of DD Services, formulates and compares a
written plan of action for program audits and assures follow
- Works with SSGNY Human Resources, Fiscal Department,
Operations, Developmental Disabilities administrative staff and
Facilities Maintenance to ensure staffing, equipment, materials and
supplies are appropriate and sufficient to guarantee the
therapeutic well-being of the individuals.
- Implement and ensures that applicable laws, regulations,
policies and procedures are made available to all staff.
- Ensures all staff trainings are done in a timely manner while
also conducting workshops/trainings on a quarterly or as needed
- Enforces progressive discipline based on The Salvation Army
policies and procedures for all of the residential staff.
- Oversees adequate implementation of the Individuals plans and
- Provide direct oversight and monitoring of all fiscal
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic
characteristics of persons and population served.
- Assisting Assistant Director and Director of DD Services with
development of residential Services.
- Monitor administrative log books.
- Daily monitoring, review and submission of billing
- Organize and monitor medical needs including medication
- Ensure strict adherence to OPWDD Part 624, 625- Incident
Reporting Procedures, including reviewing all incidents, conducting
any necessary investigations, and making necessary
- Provide staff training in the areas of agency policy and
procedure, OSHA regulations, physical plant issues and fire
- Monitor overall consumer care, ensuring needs are met as
required/ prescribed through documented weekly observations of
supervisors and program specialists implementation of active
treatment and strict adherence to Part 633 - Client Rights.
- Execute agency, state and federal requirements pertaining to
custodianship of individual funds within the facility, including
the preparation and submission of weekly account summaries.
- Complete all individual ledger sheets for in-house accounts on
a weekly basis, i.e. posting of deposits, withdrawals and
- Conduct and oversee Supervisors meetings/trainings and hold
regular staff meetings.
- Able to perform simple functions on the computer.
- Ensure that the facility and services provided adequately meet
the physical, social and developmental needs of all individuals and
that there is adequate protection of each individuals health,
safety, comfort, well-being, civil, human and legal rights.
- Be available twenty-four hours for emergencies, consultations
etc. through cellular phone.
- Ensure transporting of the individuals to and from programs,
community inclusion activities, medical appointments, home visits
and all other activities as needed.
- Ensure Completion of Staff Information Entry Form when
Escorting the individuals on medical appointments.
- Responsible for the quality of record keeping and charting and
meeting standards as prescribed by agency, State and Federal
- Ability to physically assist individuals (possible lifting
involved) in an emergency or as needed.
- Ensures physical plan is in compliance with OPWDD standards
through monthly checks and reviews of monthly report submitted to
the Assistant Director of DD Services.
- Jointly responsible for OPWDD Reviews, Surveys and Corrections
process and maintenance of program records in keeping with
regulatory compliance standards.
- Collaborating with the clinicians to ensure all treatments are
being provided in occurrence with OPWDD regulation.
- Meet with clinical staff on a regular and timely basis to
ensure that program objectives, treatment techniques and policy
implementation are being carried out
- Coordinate and conduct weekly clinical team meetings.
- Attendance standards: 40 hours per week- 11:00am 7:00pm Tuesday
thru Saturday, at the discretion of the Assistant Director
Developmental Disabilities Services.
- All other essential functions and responsibilities deemed
necessary and appropriate by the Director of DD
Services.Qualifications:Associates Degree Human Services (Social
Work, Psychology, Special Ed., etc.) required, Bachelor Degree
preferred 2 years of administrative experienceQ.I.D.P. experience5+
Years supervisory experience, preferably in residential setting.Has
respect and consideration for the resident being served.Valid
Drivers licenseAMAP, SCIP-R, First Aid/CPR Certified
Keywords: The Salvation Army Eastern Territory, Mount Vernon , Program Manager DDS (Topping House), Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!