Program Director ( Marion Avenue )
Company: POSTGRADUATE CENTER FOR MENTAL HEAL
Posted on: November 16, 2023
2681 Marion Avenue Residence - Bronx, NY
JOB SCOPE: The Program Director is a Senior Manager with
responsible for maintaining a residence in compliance with
applicable regulatory standards set forth by the NYS Office of
Mental Health, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, NYC
Department of Homeless Services, and or the United States
Department of Housing and Development. Major areas of
responsibility include ensuring quality case management and care
for all residents, maintaining comprehensive case records,
providing leadership and supervision of direct care staff,
oversight of the maintenance operations of the facilities,
responding to crises, and administrative reporting. The Program
Director is responsible for the clinical, operational, and
financial functions of the residence.
- Oversees all social/clinical services and building operations.
Directly supervises program staff and shared clinical/program
services staff. Remains in contact with on-duty staff by cell phone
24 hours per day.
- Conducts weekly (or as needed) individual supervision meetings
with each Residential Counselor or Case Manager, and Front Desk
- Responsible for hiring all program staff.
- Ensures that residents follow appropriate psychiatric and
medical plans; approves individual service plans for each resident.
Integrates services of the Health Care Coordinator with other
program and case management services.
- Maintains case records in accordance with regulatory
requirements; reviews individual case records and signs off as
indicated; approves admission and discharge summaries.
- Ensures that counselors' paperwork is completed in a timely and
- Conducts and participates in case conferences
- Designs and implements a quality assurance and utilization
review plan for the Residence; monitors compliance and reports
regularly to the Regional Director on the status of compliance
- Reports all untoward incidents and directs follow-up of
- Investigate and address resident complaints and
- Prepare written correspondence and notifications on resident
- Keep PCMH Administrators and Managers aware of significant
events and issues within the facility.
- Conducts internal audits of clinical case records, financial
records, and all other program documentation to ensure compliance
with city, state, and federal regulations. Responsible for
maintaining all facility licenses, accreditation and
- Monitors compliance with all applicable safety and health code
- Maintains productive working relationships with provider groups
and referral sources.
- Adheres, and facilitates adherence of all staff, to personnel
and residential policies and procedures as outlined in the PCMH
Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual and the Residential
Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Conducts in-service training on a regular basis and ensures
that all case managers and counselors are properly trained in
counseling techniques, emergency procedures and crisis
intervention. Ensures that all staff receives first aid training,
and that case managers/counselors have all required credentials on
- Supervises collection and submission of all rental payments and
receipts. Ensures proper accounting documentation of rental income.
Meets all occupancy and collection objectives set by
- Enforces terms and conditions outlined in all Lease and Lease
Riders and directs evictions.
- Oversees facilities maintenance, including repairs,
preventative maintenance, and work by outside vendors in the
- Responsible for monitoring spending and documentation of petty
- Where applicable, helps to ensure compliance with LIHTC
regulatory requirements, including working with residents to obtain
- Performs other duties, consistent with the goals and objectives
of the program, as assigned by the Regional Director, or Director
of Residential Services. Salary: $80,000 Annually
Scheduled Shift: Monday-Friday 9AM to 5PM
- Microsoft Office
- Foothold AWARDS
- LIHTC Compliance, where applicable
- CPR/First Aid
- NYS OMH Licensed Housing Regulations, NYS OMH Supported Housing
Guidelines, and/or NYC DOHMH OPRE Standards. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and system tracking skills
- Excellent judgment
- Basic math skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work proactively
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to manage and minimize agency risk.
- Ability to engage resident population
- Ability to appropriately assess and respond to crises
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and shift between
- Ability to teach, train, and supervise others in mental health
case management services
- Ability to work effectively with others and demonstrate
conflict resolution skills EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in a Mental Health discipline or
related field is required in Licensed Housing. Minimum of a
Bachelor's Degree in a Mental Health discipline or related field
with 5 years related experience for Supported Housing
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office,
spreadsheets, and publishing software.
- Minimum five (5) years residential management experience in the
mental health field.
Keywords: POSTGRADUATE CENTER FOR MENTAL HEAL, Mount Vernon , Program Director ( Marion Avenue ), Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!