Case Manager, Residential Services
Company: Sanctuary For Families
Posted on: November 16, 2023
ABOUT USSanctuary for Families is New York's leading service
provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex
trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year,
Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from
fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through
a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of
wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the
aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three
key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and
systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations
throughout New York City.POSITION OVERVIEWThe Case Manager will
provide comprehensive, trauma-informed case management services to
clients within Sanctuary for Families transitional ( Tier II)
shelter, Sarah Burke House. The case manager is an integral part to
the residential team working closely with all shelter staff to
ensure that clients are able to find safety and stability. This
Case Manager position is stationed in the Bronx and staff is
expected to travel at least once a month to either our Manhattan
office or other locations for meetings as needed.
- Assesses immediate needs of shelter residents and making
appropriate referrals, including referring all clients to health
clinic for updated physical, coordinating with the hospital to
schedule and reschedule appointments as necessary, and following up
with the clients in regards to these appointments.
- Assists residents in obtaining public benefits for which they
are eligible (e.g. Medicaid, food stamps, housing, storage, SSI,
and childcare subsidies).
- Maintain a case load of 15 to 17 families at any given time. CM
is required to meet with their families at least twice a
- Completes shelter assessments for intakes and discharges as
- Conduct apartment inspections at least twice a month.
- Facilitate and coordinate monthly participants groups and
- Complete and submit packets NOVA packets for resident.
- Complete and submit ADVENT transfers
- Assists residents in obtaining self-sufficiency through
appropriate referrals for counseling, financial counseling, ESOL
classes, job readiness programs and higher education.
- Complete economic assessment with all clients.
- Accompanying clients to appointments as needed.
- During any clients' absence from shelter, communicate with
hospital staff during hospitalizations for documentations relating
to admission, discharge, recommendations etc. or any other relevant
documentation regarding shelter absence.
- Refers clients to other appropriate legal and social services
both within and outside of Sanctuary.
- Prepares requests for educational and financial assistance
grants on behalf of clients.
- Advocates on behalf of clients for needed services.
- Maintains accurate case records, documents all services
provided within Sanctuary's Service Tracking System and prepares
statistics for monthly reports.
- Assists clients with issues related to children's schooling
including but not limited to enrolling children in school,
requesting bussing from the DOE, requesting metro cards for
transportation, communicating with the school for educational
needs, or finding appropriate school placements.
- Filing documents and ensuring all case files are up to
- Coordinate special events and celebrations for clients.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or
special projects as directed
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience in the social services field,
preferably in domestic violence.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish required.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and
ExcelBudgeted Salary: $45,000 - $46,000 annuallyWork position is
currently Hybrid; must be able to meet job location schedule
obligationsVaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of 1st
dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.Benefits:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program and rewardsAll qualified applicants will be
afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination
because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing
genetic characteristics, marital status or domestic violence victim
status, and other categories protected under Federal, New York
state or New York city laws. Sanctuary for Families follows the
requirements of the Human Rights Law including with regard to
non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and
prior arrest.People of color, trans and gender non-conforming
people, people with disabilities, and survivors of gender-based
violence are strongly encouraged to apply.We recognize that the
safety, healing and self-determination of survivors of domestic
violence and related forms of gender violence is at the
intersection of racial, gender, economic, immigrant, LGBTQ+, and
disability justice, as well as many other critical issues. In order
to realize our mission, Sanctuary strives to center DEI principles
at every level of the organization and continues to deepen that
commitment.Compensation details: 45000-46000 Yearly
Keywords: Sanctuary For Families, Mount Vernon , Case Manager, Residential Services, Executive , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!