Company: Wegmans Food Markets
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: February 5, 2020
The grand opening of the new Harrison store will be June 7th,
2020Training and On-boarding will begin immediately!With Wegmans,
you'll join a dynamic retail environment that's growing, with new
opportunities available every day to enhance your skill set and
grow your career. - As a member of our management team, you will
receive the support and training you need to become an effective
leader in our stores and learn everything about working in an
energetic, innovative food company. - You'll gain a deep
understanding of our values, business measures and standards, and
operations through one-on-one mentoring, exposure to leadership,
and participation in developmental events. - Within the store, you
will have many opportunities to bring your skills to the team with
management opportunities available in in various areas, including
Service, Merchandising, Fresh Foods and Culinary departments.What
will I do?
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training,
feedback and development opportunities
- Provide incredible customer service to customers and employees
- Help to problem solve operational challenges while maintaining
open two-way communication with managers
- Coordinate activities, prioritize tasks and ensure the
operation runs efficiently for your teamRequired Qualifications
- 1 or more years of work experience or a college degreePreferred
- Computer Skills
- Experience leading a teamAt Wegmans, we believe that if we take
care of our people, they'll take care of our customers. - That's
why, as part of the Wegmans family, you'll have a package of
benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling-work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidaysComprehensive benefits*
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program*Certain eligibility requirements must be
satisfiedNote to Applicant:
- All employee onboarding and training will begin immediately,
and employees will be trained at other Wegmans stores within New
Jersey. Travel will be required during this time.
- Full Time applicants are required to have an open availability
Sunday-Saturday, between the primary operating hours of 6am-12am,
unless specified for a position/department.
- Full Time employees work a minimum of 40 hours/week, in 8-hour
intervals including evenings and weekends to meet business needs.
Weekend availability is required.
- All applications will be screened and only applicants whose
qualifications most closely match the job requirements will receive
- If you might be a match for a position, we will contact you
with additional information regarding the interview process.
- If your application and qualifications do not match the job
requirements, you will be notified through email.Experience working
on the Front End, particularly as a Front End Coordinator; Customer
Service experience, preferably in a food service industry, grocery
or retail setting; Managerial/supervisory experience; Front End
Keywords: Wegmans Food Markets, Mount Vernon , Shift Manager, Executive , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!