Powertrain Controls Validation Engineer Job
Company: PACCAR Inc
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Share this Job
Company: PACCAR The Powertrain Validation group is responsible for
validation testing of engine, transmission, vehicle, and exhaust
aftertreatment hardware and software used on PACCAR trucks. Group
members develop specialized roles (powertrain software, vehicle
performance, aftertreatment systems, etc.) while maintaining
cross-disciplinary training and knowledge.Job Functions /
- Serves as the lead powertrain controls validation test engineer
and subject matter expert conducting testing, providing insights,
test plan development, and tracking of all aspects of assigned
- Leads effort to develop test strategies, procedures, and
processes for transmission vehicle testing.
- Analyzes project requests, discusses project requirements with
requestors and formulates preliminary project plans, budgets, and
- Works directly with internal and external customers regarding
test requests, planning, execution, and reporting.
- Creates, coordinates, manages, and executes required program
- Develops, tracks and reports program related metrics.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and productive work
relations with truck divisions.
- Specifies instrumentation equipment, vehicles, loading
configurations, software versions, and data collection strategies
for assigned testing. -
- Participates in set up of tests, data collection and
- Writes reports as appropriate, incorporating results,
conclusions, and recommendations.
- Develops and maintains a high level of familiarity with PACCAR
products and service tools.
- Presents results of testing or investigative projects to
divisions or management personnel.
- Off-site testing requires up to 10% travel.
- 1 year of truck/automotive related work experience desired
- Experience with vehicle software highly desired
- Ability to manage personal workload and willingness,
flexibility and initiative to respond to shifting time and project
- Test set and Requirements management experience desired
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate
- Self-directed, excellent analysis and technical judgment
- Control System hardware and software testing desiredEducation
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or
Math (STEM) discipline required.
- MS preferredCompany InformationPACCAR is a Fortune 500 company
established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in
the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with
internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and
DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design,
manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and
heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates
and also provides customized financial services, information
technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Division InformationThe PACCAR Technical Center provides
engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of
PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The
Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles
north of Seattle, Washington. -
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after
- Comprehensive paid time off - minimum of 10 paid vacation days
(additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of
service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time -
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education -
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning,
financial counseling and moreAdditional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value
talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider
numerous compensation factors including your education, training,
or experience. The salary range for the -Powertrain Controls
Validation Engineer is $69,800 - $104,300 annually. Additionally,
this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed
above. -This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.
Keywords: PACCAR Inc, Mount Vernon , Powertrain Controls Validation Engineer Job, Engineering , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!