Research Scientist, Protein Engineer, Global Biologics
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: January 15, 2022
By clicking the -Apply - button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda 's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAre you looking for a patient-focused,
innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to
shine? Join us as a Research Scientist, Protein Engineer, Global
Biologics in our Cambridge, MA office.At Takeda, we are
transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven
market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we
empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing
work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating
careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
mission.POSITION OBJECTIVES:Takeda is committed to the long-term
strategy and vision to translate science into life-changing
medicines that make important differences for our patients around
the world. The Global Biologics team within R&D consists of
approximately 85 scientists across two US sites (Cambridge, MA and
San Diego, CA), and aims to discover novel therapeutic large
molecule biologics serving our four main therapeutic areas
Oncology, Gastroenterology, Neuroscience and Rare Disease.We are
excited to pursue the search for a Research Scientist to join our
Biotherapeutic Engineering team, a group within Takeda's Global
Biologics Department. You will join a team of motivated and
enthusiastic scientists in the Cambridge, MA location, reporting to
the Associate Director, Biotherapeutic Engineering, Global
Biologics. You will implement workflows tailored towards protein
engineering, primarily enzymes. You will be directly involved in
protein engineering from design and build of mutant libraries
through to high throughput screening and characterization of
candidates. You will be flexible, leading different aspects
throughout the protein engineering workflow, and working with team
members to ensure smooth coordination of activities.POSITION
- Design optimization libraries using in silico tools, followed
by manipulation of the plasmid-based DNA libraries.
- Use display-based systems (yeast, phage) and screening to
identify improved mutant proteins.
- Evaluate and analyze protein sequence, mutational libraries
using state-of-the-art sequence analysis software.
- Plan and execute appropriate in vitro experiments to optimize
and characterize libraries.
- Coordinate with team members to perform high throughput
plate-based production and purification of protein from yeast,
mammalian cells and bacteria.
- Help guide and implement workflows and infrastructure tailored
to protein or enzyme engineering.
- Maintain, propagate and transform yeast, mammalian and
- Basic characterization of purified proteins using standard
techniques, such as SDS-PAGE.
- Manage and run automation, in addition to manual steps
throughout the process.
- Demonstrate high organization capabilities to ensure excellent
tracking of ongoing and incoming targets and projects.
- Work with project team leads to develop project strategies and
to coordinate work within Global biologics.
- Upload and track data into data management systems and maintain
detailed electronic notebook.
- Work with a fast pace to meet program and team needs.
- Experience demonstrating analytical skills, bench skills and
problem-solving skills.EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND
- PhD (2+y experience), or MS (8+ years' experience) in Molecular
Biology, Protein Engineering, Biochemistry or similar.
- Experience with protein engineering and standard mutagenesis
approaches is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in protein production in mammalian or
- Highly skilled in standard molecular biology techniques and
cell culture techniques (yeast, bacterial, mammalian).
- Experience in protein production and purification is
- Experience with high throughput workflows and automation.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting automation and
liquid handling is a plus.
- Effective resource and time management is essential.
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and
may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure.
- Effective oral and written communication as well as strong
interpersonal skills required.
- Hard working, enthusiastic, self-motivated, team oriented with
a strong collaborative spirit.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach ProgramsEmpowering Our People to
ShineDiscover more at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters
Please.This job posting excludes CO applicants.Absent an approved
religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based
Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as
determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda
site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf
of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a
condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical
reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility,
and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be
subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda
recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more
information on the applicable guidelines for the Business
Unit/Function to which you have applied.#LI-SGMEEO StatementTakeda
is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and
providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Mount Vernon , Research Scientist, Protein Engineer, Global Biologics, Engineering , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!