Project Controller Needed ASAP!
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Construction Controller Needed for Leader in the Industry!Our
client, located in Mount Vernon, NY is seeking a Controller ASAP!
The company was established almost 100 years ago and is a leader in
Primary Function of the Construction Controller Role:
Responsible for organizing and processing all on-going daily
accounting activities associated with the various construction
projects. The Construction Controller is responsible for client
billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and job costing as
they relate to the assigned division. They will also provide
support for month-end and year-end close processes.
- Analyzing current and past financial data and
- Preparing reports and projections based on this
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing
recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review
financial information and forecasts.
- Providing forward-looking forecasts and costs to complete for
work orders and the contract as a whole.
- Review General conditions monthly report/expenses and
allocations to contracts.
- Understand monthly requisition billing per approved pencil
copies to final approval.
- Investigate any unbilled project costs.
- Assist in auditor prep.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding
contract documents, change orders, approvals, and any additional
services-related to billing.
- Prepare final billing package containing draft and final
invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup
for approval by the Accounting Manager.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances
that may occur.
- Responsible for the financial oversight and approval of
accounting transactions of the Job-Order Contracts
- Provide input to accounting for the monthly, quarterly and
annual closing process.
- Generate and distribute weekly receivables reports and monthly
- Analyze the P & L report monthly.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the
- Provide support of auditor requirements, both internal and
- Additional assignments upon request of Department Heads.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience to be Successful in
the Construction Controller Role:
- Prior experience with Job Order Contracts is highly desirable,
but not mandatory
- BA degree in Finance or Accounting is required, CPA
- 10 or more years of progressive management experience in
accounting and finance in the construction industry.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in
working in a team-based environment; is both strategic and tactical
enough to push new initiatives forward.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the
ability to effectively interact with all levels within the
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision, be proactive
and take initiative.
- Able to work in a complex fast-pace environment with many
moving parts with frequent changing priorities, must be able to
multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Critical thinking and the capability to generate consistently
accurate and useful reports, as well as enthusiasm for translating
data into actionable insight.
- Strong attention to detail as well as an ability to achieve
results through delegation. Can produce quality work in a
fast-paced environment. Able to identify gaps in work not of their
- Results oriented: setting goals and priorities that maximize
the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality
- Strong Excel skills and experience with JD Edwards and/or
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an ability to
drive change while creating an environment of rigor, discipline and
- Ability to use independent judgment in performing all duties of
- An "in-the-trenches" and hands-on leader who is willing to
immerse themselves in the business.
- High levels of initiative, drive, and poise coupled with
qualities of maturity and flexibility.
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Mount Vernon , Project Controller Needed ASAP!, Accounting, Auditing , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!