Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: November 21, 2022
JOC Controller needed!
CFS is working with a construction company based in Westchester
County looking to hire a JOC Controller. This dynamic role is
responsible for all accounting and controls associated with a
growing segment of a business. The individual will be a key member
of the Management team with growth potential to operations finance
lead. The individual will have direct supervision of project
billing clerks, project-certified payroll clerks, and job-related
- Manage the monthly closing process for JOC activities to assure
the timely preparation of accurate financial information, in
accordance with GAAP. Produce discussion and analysis commentary on
changes in numbers and financial position.
- Oversee JOC billing process, including invoice preparation, and
- Manage a staff of 8 billing clerks, 6 certified payroll clerks
and 1 JOC accountant
- Drive productivity throughout the JOC finance function, with a
focus on improving reporting activities, and leading productivity
improvements throughout the JOC finance organization.
- Interface with the JOC Vice President and JOC Project Managers
to drive billing process and collections. Be the spokesperson for
the JOC collections process, meeting routinely with JOC
construction managers to ensure timely payment of our
- Provide critical financial and operational information to
executive management and make actionable recommendations to improve
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests.
- Prior experience with Job Order Contracts is a plus
- BA degree in Finance or Accounting is required, CPA
- Strong Excel skills and experience with JD Edwards, Hyperion
and ESSBase for construction accounting desired.
If you are interested in learning more information on this
opportunity please reach out to me directly at CB2
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Mount Vernon , JOC Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Mount Vernon, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!